Saturday, November 5, 2011

The fireplace

I've just started renovating this fireplace I've got.
It's going to be in the yellow house I'm working on (which is yellow now, but not for long).

 It was a pretty nice fireplace to begin with, but it doesn't have the look I want, so.. a little paper clay ("Silkis" from Panduro Hobby), glue and patina I think will do the trick! :)
 The cool thing about this fireplace is that it's made of some sort of cement or brick-material and is actually a candle holder. There's a place for a tea candle in the bottom and there's a hole through the chimney so it's totally functional! And quite safe, since the walls are so thick.

So.. I want to keep this authentic-fire-function, but at the same time have the option of putting in some logs and maybe an electrical fake fire for another kind of visual authenticity. Therefore I'm making a loose part that can fill the hole for the candle and thus make the stone bottom look whole. Ok.. you'll see! :)

 So here are som pictures from Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment